How to Hire Filipino Workers for Saipan?
The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (of which Saipan is the largest island) and the Philippines share a long history. The Philippines is a former US colony, while CNMI is currently under the US. Both were also ruled by the Spanish and the Japanese in different instances.
Up to these days, the CNMI (Saipan specifically) and the Philippines have a good relationship with the former always opening jobs for workers coming from the Philippines. Are you a business owner in Saipan who plan to hire Filipino workers for your company? If your answer is affirmative, then this week’s feature is tailor-made for you.
Subnet RTA, registered as Subnet Recruitment Training and Assessment Services Inc. on the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) website, has outlined the basic recruitment process that foreign recruiters have to follow in hiring Filipinos.
General Recruitment Process
- Choose a POEA licensed recruitment agency that will serve as your recruitment partner just like SubNet RTA. We search, recruit, document, process, and deploy highly skilled, professional, and competent workers from the Philippines to any international destination.
- Submit the documentary requirements to the nearest *Philippine Embassy/Consulate General for verification purposes. This process will normally take 5 to 15 working days. Documentary requirements include the following:
- Recruitment Agreement – An agreement between your company and your chosen recruitment agency stating terms that allow the latter to recruit workers for you.
- Special Power of Attorney – A document that gives your chosen recruitment agency legal permission to issue employment contracts between your company and the OFWs you are hiring before they leave the Philippines.
- Master Employment Contract – The master employment contract between your company and the OFWs you are hiring.
- Manpower Request/Job Order – A formal request from your company to your chosen recruitment agency seeking for specific personnel, their job description, etc.
- Business License/Commercial Registration (Foreign Principal)
- Identification of Authorized Representative
- POEA license
- After the verification, submit the requirements to your chosen recruitment agency. If you have chosen SubNet RTA, we will be the one to submit your requirements to the POEA for accreditation, which can last either for a minimum of 7 working days, an average of 15 working days, or a maximum of 30 days.
- The recruitment process takes place from the moment we have received your signed Recruitment Agreement. Basically, the entire recruitment selection includes sourcing and pre-screening, interview (phone, Skype, or personal), skill/trade testing, final selection, and signing of letters. This process will take 7 to 20 working days.
- After recruitment comes the different processes of mobilization, documentation, briefing, and deployment/flight itinerary.
- Certificate of Employment Notarial at the Regional Trial Court (only when applicable) – minimum of 3 working days
- Medical Examination – minimum of 5 working days
- Visa Processing by Employer – 3 to 5 working days
- Authentication of Documents for Professionals (only when applicable) – minimum of 7 working days, maximum of 21 working days
- Attestation of Individual Contracts (for drivers) – minimum of 15 working days
- Master Employment Contract POEA Processing – minimum of 3 working days
- Overseas Employment Certificate – 0.5 to 2 working days
- Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) – half-working day
- Briefing – half-working day
- Pre-Departure Orientation by SubNet RTA personnel
- Deployment/Flight Itinerary – 3 to 5 working days
- Booking Reservation
Please take note though that some of the steps indicated in this article may vary from country to country. You may reach out to our Recruitment Team for more information and FREE recruitment consultation.
Interested to hire Filipino workers for Saipan through Subnet RTA?
For faster processing, you may fill out this Client Information Sheet.
Hire quality workers. Hire Filipinos.
Partner with Subnet RTA today.
Subnet RTA is a land-based recruitment agency licensed by the POEA to search, recruit, document, process, and deploy highly skilled, professional, and competent workers from the Philippines to any international destination.
*Philippine Consulate General in Saipan
Address: Fifth Floor, Marianas Business Plaza, Susupe
P.O. Box 500731 CK, Saipan MP 96950
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
Tel. No.: (1-670) 234-1848; 234-1850; Fax No. (1-670)234-1849
– Embassy of the Philippines. “Philippine Consulate General in Saipan”. philippinessaipan.org. http://www.philippinessaipan.org/philippines-saipan/embassy-saipan/about-the-office-saipan/ (accessed October 23, 2018)
– Saipan Tribune. “‘NMI-PH relations go way back’”. saipantribune.com. https://www.saipantribune.com/index.php/nmi-ph-relations-go-way-back/ (accessed October 25, 2018)