How to Hire Filipino Workers for Macau?
Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL) released data in August 2018 revealing that the number of Filipino blue card holders in Macau increased to 10.6 percent, while the number of foreign domestic workers in the country rose to 8.4 percent, of which 53.1 percent were from the Philippines.
This further proved a research made by Professor Shi Wei of the University of Macau, which she released in a book in June 2018 about migrant workers’ lives and their contributions to the economy of Macau. She said the local society and government needed to start looking at lower skilled foreign workers as not just labour or numbers but as actual people that improved the local economy.
If you are an employer in Macau who agrees with Professor Shi Wei’s statement and wants to hire Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), you may refer to the basic process that our foreign clients follow. Please take note though that this process may vary from country to country. You may reach out to our Recruitment Team for more information and FREE recruitment consultation.
General Recruitment Process
- Choose a Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) licensed recruitment agency that will serve as your recruitment partner just like SubNet RTA. We search, recruit, document, process, and deploy highly skilled, professional, and competent workers from the Philippines to any international destination.
- Submit the documentary requirements to the nearest *Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) for verification purposes. This process will normally take 5 to 15 working days. Documentary requirements include the following:
- Recruitment Agreement – An agreement between your company and your chosen recruitment agency stating terms that allow the latter to recruit workers for you.
- Special Power of Attorney – A document that gives your chosen recruitment agency legal permission to issue employment contracts between your company and the OFWs you are hiring before they leave the Philippines.
- Master Employment Contract – The master employment contract between your company and the OFWs you are hiring.
- Manpower Request/Job Order – A formal request from your company to your chosen recruitment agency seeking for specific personnel, their job description, etc.
- Business License/Commercial Registration (Foreign Principal)
- Identification of Authorized Representative
- POEA license
- After the verification, submit the requirements to your chosen recruitment agency. If you have chosen SubNet RTA, we will be the one to submit your requirements to the POEA for accreditation, which can last either for a minimum of 7 working days, an average of 15 working days, or a maximum of 30 days.
- The recruitment process takes place from the moment we have received your signed Recruitment Agreement. Basically, the entire recruitment selection includes sourcing and pre-screening, interview (phone, Skype, or personal), skill/trade testing, final selection, and signing of letters. This process will take 7 to 20 working days.
- After recruitment comes the different processes of mobilization, documentation, briefing, and deployment/flight itinerary.
- Certificate of Employment Notarial at the Regional Trial Court (only when applicable) – minimum of 3 working days
- Medical Examination – minimum of 5 working days
- Visa Processing by Employer – 3 to 5 working days
- Authentication of Documents for Professionals (only when applicable) – minimum of 7 working days, maximum of 21 working days
- Attestation of Individual Contracts (for drivers) – minimum of 15 working days
- Master Employment Contract POEA Processing – minimum of 3 working days
- Overseas Employment Certificate – 0.5 to 2 working days
- Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) – half-working day
- Briefing – half-working day
- Pre-Departure Orientation by SubNet RTA personnel
- Deployment/Flight Itinerary – 3 to 5 working days
- Booking Reservation
Interested to hire Filipino workers for Macau through Subnet RTA?
For faster processing, you may fill out this Client Information Sheet.
Hire quality workers. Hire Filipinos.
Partner with Subnet RTA today.
Subnet RTA is registered as Subnet Recruitment Training and Assessment Services Inc. on the POEA website. We are a land-based recruitment agency licensed by the POEA to search, recruit, document, process, and deploy highly skilled, professional, and competent workers from the Philippines to any international destination.
*POLO – MACAU
Address: Unit 1407, 14th Floor AIA Tower, 251-A 301, Avenida Commercial de Macau, Macau SAR
Telefax No: (853) 2871-5039
– Department of Labor and Employment. “Directory – Philippine Overseas Labor Offices”. dole.gov.ph. https://www.dole.gov.ph/pages/view/24 (accessed October 15, 2018)
– Macau News Agency. “Macau | Local economy “not better” without migrant workers – Researcher”. macaubusiness.com. http://www.macaubusiness.com/macau-local-economy-not-better-without-migrant-workers-researcher/ (accessed October 15, 2018)
– Macau News Agency. “Macau | Number of Filipino workers up 10.6 pct y-on-y in August”. macaubusiness.com. http://www.macaubusiness.com/macau-number-of-filipino-workers-up-10-6-pct-y-on-y-in-august/ (accessed October 15, 2018)