How to Hire Filipino Workers for Australia?
Australia is one of the foreign countries considered second home by Filipinos due to its beautiful landscapes, stunning cities, and amazing opportunities. According to the 2017 Survey on Overseas Filipinos conducted by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), 1.6% of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are based in Australia.
Meanwhile, a census conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) revealed that the number of overseas-born Filipinos living in Australia had increased from 171,233 in 2011 to 232,386 in 2016. This only proves that many Filipinos have enjoyed working and living in Australia enough to choose to stay there for good.
If you are an employer in Australia who wants to hire Filipino workers for your company, you can seek the help of a licensed recruitment agency for your convenience.
General Recruitment Process
Subnet RTA, registered as Subnet Recruitment Training and Assessment Services Inc. on the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) website, has outlined the basic recruitment process that foreign recruiters must adhere to in hiring Filipinos.
- Choose a POEA licensed recruitment agency that will serve as your recruitment partner just like SubNet RTA. We search, recruit, document, process, and deploy highly skilled, professional, and competent workers from the Philippines to any international destination.
- Submit the documentary requirements to the nearest *Philippine Embassy for verification purposes. This process will normally take 5 to 15 working days. Documentary requirements include the following:
- Recruitment Agreement – An agreement between your company and your chosen recruitment agency stating terms that allow the latter to recruit workers for you.
- Special Power of Attorney – A document that gives your chosen recruitment agency legal permission to issue employment contracts between your company and the OFWs you are hiring before they leave the Philippines.
- Master Employment Contract – The master employment contract between your company and the OFWs you are hiring.
- Manpower Request/Job Order – A formal request from your company to your chosen recruitment agency seeking for specific personnel, their job description, etc.
- Business License/Commercial Registration (Foreign Principal)
- Identification of Authorized Representative
- POEA license
- After the verification, submit the requirements to your chosen recruitment agency. If you have chosen SubNet RTA, we will be the one to submit your requirements to the POEA for accreditation, which can last either for a minimum of 7 working days, an average of 15 working days, or a maximum of 30 days.
- The recruitment process takes place from the moment we have received your signed Recruitment Agreement. Basically, the entire recruitment selection includes sourcing and pre-screening, interview (phone, Skype, or personal), skill/trade testing, final selection, and signing of letters. This process will take 7 to 20 working days.
- After recruitment comes the different processes of mobilization, documentation, briefing, and deployment/flight itinerary.
- Certificate of Employment Notarial at the Regional Trial Court (only when applicable) – minimum of 3 working days
- Medical Examination – minimum of 5 working days
- Visa Processing by Employer – 3 to 5 working days
- Authentication of Documents for Professionals (only when applicable) – minimum of 7 working days, maximum of 21 working days
- Attestation of Individual Contracts (for drivers) – minimum of 15 working days
- Master Employment Contract POEA Processing – minimum of 3 working days
- Overseas Employment Certificate – 0.5 to 2 working days
- Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) – half-working day
- Briefing – half-working day
- Pre-Departure Orientation by SubNet RTA personnel
- Deployment/Flight Itinerary – 3 to 5 working days
- Booking Reservation
Please take note though that some of the steps indicated in this article may vary from country to country. You may reach out to our Recruitment Team for more information and FREE recruitment consultation.
Interested to hire Filipino workers for Australia through Subnet RTA?
For faster processing, you may fill out this Client Information Sheet.
Hire quality workers. Hire Filipinos.
Partner with Subnet RTA today.
Subnet RTA is a land-based recruitment agency licensed by the POEA to search, recruit, document, process, and deploy highly skilled, professional, and competent workers from the Philippines to any international destination.
*Philippine Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand
Address: 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Australia
Tel. Nos.: +61.262732535 / 36
Fax No. +61.262733984
– Embassy of the Philippines. “Contact Us”. philembassy.org.au. https://www.philembassy.org.au/contact (accessed December 6, 2018)
– Philippine Statistics Authority. “2017 Survey on Overseas Filipinos”. psa.gov.ph. https://psa.gov.ph/system/files/2017%20Survey%20on%20Overseas%20Filipinos_0.pdf (accessed December 6, 2018)
– WorldRemit. “Why so many Filipinos choose Australia as their second home”. worldremit.com. https://www.worldremit.com/en/stories/story/2018/01/26/filipinos-australia (accessed December 6, 2018)