OFW TIPS: How is it like to be working in Saudi Arabia?
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia remained to be the top destination of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) in April to September 2018 with one out of four (24.3%) Filipinos working there, according to the latest data released by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). This only shows that Filipinos still consider the Desert Kingdom as a safe and ideal workplace for them despite Saudization.
As a matter of fact, SubNet RTA has opened a lot of job opportunities for Filipinos in Saudi Arabia this 2019 alone. But in case you are looking for a job opportunity in a specific KSA region, you may read further and know the advantages of working in each of these cities.
Saudi Arabia Job Opportunities
- 3 Nail Technicians
- 3 Massage Therapists
- 60 Building Maintenance
- 60 Mason and Plumbing Technicians
- 100 HVAC and Refrigeration Technicians
- 50 Electrical Technicians
Jeddah Job Opportunities
Jeddah is known as the major urban center of western Saudi Arabia, as well as the country’s commercial capital. It was even named Beta world city by the Globalization and World Cities Study Group and Network (GaWC). Due to Saudi’s increasing population, domestic market for consumer goods and medical services in Jeddah is huge. Thus, job openings in the field of medicine are in demand like the following.
- Domestic Helpers
- Private Nurse
- 10 General Nurses
- 20 General Nurses
- 20 Dental Nurses
- 100 Female Staff Nurses for Hospital
Yanbu Job Opportunities
Known as the Pearl of the Red Sea, Yanbu is actually one of the best dive sites in the world. Most expatriates working there belong to the petroleum and oil companies. However, other employment opportunities are also offered to foreign nationals in Yanbu including but not limited to the following.
Dammam Job Opportunities
Dammam is the capital and the largest city of the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia and has reportedly many working opportunities. But since it is also the most oil-rich region in the world, the city has many jobs relating to the oil industry such as the following.
Riyadh Job Opportunities
Known as the capital of Saudi Arabia and Riyadh Province, Riyadh is also the largest city in the KSA and one of the most populated cities in the Arab world. If you are a qualified expatriate employee, there are a lot of employment opportunities for you in Riyadh. These include banking, construction, engineering, IT, medicine, and other fields of occupation. As of the moment, Subnet RTA is looking for someone who can fill the following position.
Being a top destination for OFWs in the past year, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is indeed one of the most competitive economies in the world today. Reportedly, KSA salaries are on a par with or even bigger than those offered in Western countries. There is no personal income tax as well, thus, a greater net income for employees, among other attractive benefits.
Interested to work in Saudi Arabia? If you want to know more about our other overseas job openings, you may click to visit our Jobs page. You may read more OFW Tools, Information, Pointers, and Skills Set (TIPS) on our blog or reach out to us for consultation by clicking the links below.
Registered as Subnet Recruitment Training and Assessment Services Inc. on the POEA website, our recruitment agency searches, recruits, documents, processes, and deploys highly skilled, professional, and competent workers from the Philippines to any international destination.
– Expat Arrivals. “Working in Riyadh”. expatarrivals.com.http://www.expatarrivals.com/middle-east/saudi-arabia/riyadh/working-riyadh
– InterNations. “Living in Dammam”. internations.org.https://www.internations.org/dammam-expats (accessed June 4, 2019)
– InterNations. “Living in Yanbu”. internations.org.https://www.internations.org/yanbu-expats (accessed June 4, 2019)
– InterNations. “Looking for Expats in Yanbu?”. internations.org.https://www.internations.org/yanbu-expats (accessed June 4, 2019)
– InterNations GO!. “Find out how to get a job and work in Jeddah”.internations.org. https://www.internations.org/go/moving-to-jeddah/working (accessed June 4, 2019)
– Philippine Statistics Authority. “Total Number of OFWs Estimatedat 2.3 Million (Results from the 2018 Survey on OverseasFilipinos)”. psa.gov.ph. https://psa.gov.ph/content/total-number-ofws-estimated-23-million-results-2018-survey-overseas-filipinos(accessed June 4, 2019)
– Wikipedia. “Jeddah”. wikipedia.org.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeddah (accessed June 4, 2019)
– Wikipedia. “Riyadh”. wikipedia.org.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riyadh (accessed June 4, 2019)